Not sure how to make Thai soup like you’d find at your favorite restaurant? Cooking with essential oils makes duplicating those warm, fresh Thai flavors easy! With just a drop or two of some of our favorite Vitality™ essential oils, you’ll have a pot of light-but-satisfying soup that will become one of your favorite essential oil recipes!
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled (or try chicken or tofu)
- Kosher salt
- 2 drops Black Pepper Vitality™
- 2 drops Lemongrass Vitality™
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 drop Ginger Vitality™
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 (12-ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook basmati rice in a saucepan following package directions; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot or in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and salt to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2–3 minutes. Remove shrimp to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add all vegetables (garlic, pepper, onion) to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3–4 minutes. Stir in ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix in curry paste until well combined, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in coconut milk, vegetable stock, and Vitality oils; cook, stirring gently, until fully blended.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until the soup thickens.
- Stir in rice, shrimp, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and garnish with fresh lime wedges and sprigs of cilantro.
- Eat up!
How do you use Vitality oils to spice up your cooking? Let us know in the comments!